Currently, our community garden is available to hire for parties or community events or as part of a hall hire arrangement.
The outdoor space currently comprises of the following:
- Water play area featuring two water pumps with water runs, sinkholes and sand play area.
- Community garden and adventure play area featuring a mix of raised beds, open grassy areas, slides, sand areas, swing and castle structure – suitable for outdoor games and free play.
- Fire pit area with a large fire pit with semi-circular seating around – suitable for storytelling, outdoor cooking and keeping cosy.
- Outdoor kitchen – currently in the planning stages but will feature next to the fire pit.
- Raised beds – there is potential for schools or groups to build their own raised bed on site and hire/sponsor it for a season for a small fee.
- Wilderness – The area is self-contained and ideal for bushcraft and nature type activities. It features a small open-sided hut, small fire pit area with logs to sit on, a large mud pit play kitchen, den building materials, hammock space, pathways and a permanent den.